Schaffert Mohawk Wheel Inserts (Pair/2 Inserts)
Short Supply Contact For Availability
The Mohawk is a 13″ angled spiked closing wheel designed to take the place of standard, rubber closing wheels. It works in all soil types, most notably in the toughest of no-till conditions.
The non-aggressive, 1″ angled blunt spikes on the Mohawk feather the soil in the furrow while simultaneously applying light pressure to ensure the furrow is stitched shut.
As the spikes close they create indentations which allow moisture to sink in, increasing seed-to-soil contact.
Mohawk closing wheels are angled so that when they engage the soil at the 5, 6, and 7 o'clock positions, they are breaking the side wall down over the seed plus compacting the soil around the seed. Then, when they exit the soil at the 8 o'clock position, they are angled such that they release the soil, leaving it compacted around the seed. Because of this, you will not need to drag a chain behind them.
- Stitches seed V shut
- Uses existing wheels and bearings, and replaces tire with the Mohawk ring, saving you $$$
- Breaks down compacted sidewall and closes the furrow at the same time
- Longer wear, heavy duty cast steel spikes
- Feathers the soil in the seed V with its wide track design
- Designed to break up compaction without being too aggressive
- 1″ spike will not get too close to or disturb seed
- Allows for better seed-to-soil contact
Eliminates Common Problems
- Compacts the soil better than straight-fingered wheels
- Moves soil with minimal compaction into the furrow
- Eliminates air pockets
- On a hot windy day the trench will not break back open
Where They Work—Suitable for Many Soils
- Made to work in tough soils
- Works in no-till or conventional
We Also Recommend
6200-006 Yetter Twister Poly Spike Closing Wheel Insert (Priced per Row/Pair)