Schaffert Zipper Wheel
ZIPPER CLOSING WHEEL for JOHN DEERE 1700 7200 7300 series, KINZE 2000 3000 series, and WHITE 6000 8000 series. Plastic wheel & 5/8" OEM bearing
The Zipper is a 13″ angled spiked closing wheel designed to take the place of standard, rubber closing wheels. It works in all soil types, and is the go-to wheel for the toughest of no-till conditions.
The non-aggressive, 1″ angled spikes on the Zipper feather the soil in the furrow while simultaneously applying pressure to ensure the furrow is zipped shut.
As the spikes close they create indentations which allow moisture to sink in, increasing seed-to-soil contact.
Zipper closing wheels are angled so that when they engage the soil at the 5, 6, and 7 o'clock positions, they are breaking the side wall down over the seed plus compacting the soil around the seed. Then, when they exit the soil at the 8 o'clock position, they are angled such that they release the soil, leaving it compacted around the seed. Because of this, you will not need to drag a chain behind them.
- Longer wear, heavy duty cast metal rims & wheels
- Breaks down sidewall and zips seed V shut at the same time
- Tubular design of spike allows it to release soil and eliminate plugging while compacting the soil around the seed
- Angle design doesn't flip or throw soil out; it allows for accurate release
- As the Zipper closes it creates indentations which allow moisture to sink in
- Feathers the soil in the seed V with its wide track design
- Designed to break up compaction without being too aggressive
- 1″ spike will not get too close to or disturb seed
- Allows for better seed-to-soil contact
Eliminates Common Problems
- Compacts the soil better than straight-fingered wheels
- Moves soil with minimal compaction into the furrow
- Eliminates air pockets
- On a hot windy day the trench will not break back open
Where They Work—Suitable for Many Soils
- Made to work in tough soils
- Works in no-till or conventional
We Also Recommend